Our clinic is still open for business providing all usual services. We have increased hygiene measures in place to keep patients and staff safe. If you are well, not in a high risk group and able to travel to us we encourage you to attend as normal.
For all other patients our Telehealth services are now operational. Telehealth involves a one to one video conference consultation with your physiotherapist including:
- Instruction and guidance on self treatment techniques
- Specific exercise prescription and modification
- Provision of a video based exercise program accessible by downloading the free smart phone app ‘Physiapp’
- Your ‘physiapp’ program will be specific to you
- Created and updated by your physio in conjunction with your appointments
- Exercises can be performed at home via the app
- Email support provided between consultations or message your physio via physiapp
Private Health Insurance Funding for Telehealth Physio
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic several private health insurance companies will begin to provide rebates for Telehealth Physio Consultations from the 14th of April 2020. This will continue until the 30th Sept 2020.
- If you have seen your physio inside of six months you will not require a GP or Specialist referral to undertake Telehealth Physio. If you have not seen your physio inside six months and you wish to claim on your private health insurance, you will need a referral from your GP or Specialist. Referrals are not required for private consultations held in the clinic.
- We now have convenient secure online payments for Telehealth. This can be completed when you make your online booking. Alternatively, we can provide you with your invoice to perform a direct transfer or you can pay over the phone. On completion of payment your receipt will be emailed to you for claiming through your health fund. Please check with your individual health insurance provider to ensure they are amongst the funds providing health insurance coverage for Telehealth Physio during the pandemic.
- See our fees page for more information.
Bulk Billed Telehealth Physio – Medicare
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic Medicare is providing funding for Telehealth Physio until the 30th Sept 2020. If you have an existing Medicare Plan from your GP you can use your remaining physio sessions for Telehealth.
- If you have a chronic muscle or joint condition (expected to last six months or more) you may be eligible for a Medicare Plan covering up to five physiotherapy consultations in a calendar year. To find out if you are eligible, speak to your GP.
- Telehealth consultations under Medicare are bulk billed. Our in clinic consultations under Medicare incur a gap. See our Medicare page for more information
User friendly video conferencing technology
Prior to your appointment you will receive an email with a link to initiate your video call.
Telehealth appointments can be booked as per your usual appointments, by phone or online. You will receive the usual email and SMS reminders to confirm your appointment.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us, send us an email or use our contact form.